Wednesday 21 March 2012

PROJECT 1: Updated Model (Alternative options)

These two images convey a circular underground space that I have recently been experimenting with in order to convey the concept of shady, rather than to further pursue the irregular forms of the original sketch. I have found this approach to be more appealing through the patterns embedded into the glass dome that provide further shadows into the space. 

The upper half has been downsized from earlier modelling attempts as it failed to match this newly updated bottom which I wish to pursue instead of the irregularly shaped bottom I'd initially drawn.

Earlier model:
This image shows the basic structure I'd drawn out in hopes of achieveing the organic structures I'd displayed in my earlier sectional drawing. The lower half had been further developed into a long winding strip, instead of the irregularly shaped space I'd initially designed to convey "shady".

Attempt at forms that envelope the structure:
Attempts included diamond and box shapes that were stacked onto each other in different patterns.

Original Sketch:

No comments:

Post a Comment